connect TV,Cable box, blue ray with a sound bar

Helen511

Estimable
Jun 8, 2015
Sharp TV, scientific atlantic dvr/cable box, Phillips blue ray player and Sony sound bar. would like to connect all for best sound quality and ease of running all thru the sound bar. I have hooked up cable TV and sound bar with HDMI cables ( TV has arc on hdmi1)AND optical cable. seems to work but then hooked up blue ray first to TV, Blueray Hdmi out to hdmi2 on tv, blue ray worked fine no sound. then moved the hdmi from TV to sound bar hdmi input,and the blue ray still had no sound and now all functions on BR player weren't working.... HELP!!

I would connect te cable dvr and bluray to the TV via HDMI and connect the soundbar to the TV with an optical audio cable. You don't need to use ARC so turn it off. It will not give you better sound than the optical in this situation.
If the BD player still has problems it seems like it might be internal to it.

Helen511

Estimable
Jun 8, 2015
sorry americanaudiophile i didnt mean to vote your answer down total mistake click! but to let you know I ended up using the ARC HDMI hook up with the Blue ray player hooked to sound bar Via another HDMI cable and found settings to sound bar I was unaware of being you could only get to them via a remote control. I was waiting on the remote as it had not been in the box and had to order.