Connect yamaha receiver to lg tv

Solution
The green, blue and red RCA connections are component video inputs so the 2 RCA audio jacks associated with them are inputs NOT outputs.
Without the model number of the TV we can't check on the connections available. Headphone out would work too,
If your TV doesn't have any audio outs you would have to modify the TV to connect it to your Yamaha.

mark_182

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016

I've tried using the red n white cable into an optical box then into receiver and still nothing. I can get the dvd working fine thru receiver but not the tv volume

Your receiver has optical digital audio inputs and the TV almost positively has an optical audio output. The TV may not have analog outputs at all since this is less common than optical audio and you connected to analog audio inputs.. As stated you just need an optical digital audio cable. No adapters needed. You get better surround sound with this digital connection. You will probably need to set up the input menu of the receiver so it associates the connection you used (say optical 1) with an input (say Video 1).

mark_182

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016

mark_182

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016
The tv does not have the optical output its weird i know it has the red n white audio output the green blue in red output the hdmi and antenna unless optical is hiding somewhere its not in the vicinity of the others.

The green, blue and red RCA connections are component video inputs so the 2 RCA audio jacks associated with them are inputs NOT outputs.
Without the model number of the TV we can't check on the connections available. Headphone out would work too,
If your TV doesn't have any audio outs you would have to modify the TV to connect it to your Yamaha.

Solution