Question Connecting 2 Denon receivers for multi-room listening

May 26, 2020
Hello!

I recently purchased a Denon AVR-x2600h 7.2 receiver. I currently have it set up to run a 6.1 living room setup. Works fine.
I also have an older Denon 2809CI which I am no longer using.

Furthermore, I have 2 speakers in my dining room and 2 outside speakers on my varanda. All these speakers are B&W old school (not wireless).
The speaker wires of all 4 speakers run through the walls of my house and and easily reach my Denon AVR-x2600 in the living room.

Now my confusion. Since I am using 6.1, I cannot use the zone 2 option which would mean using both surround back channels.
(I am already using 1 surround back in my 6.1 setup.) I believe zone 2 is for 5.1 setup and the other two back channels serve for zone 2.

Is it possible to connect my new Denon to the older model and play the 2 speakers in the dining room and the 2 outside?
How would I connect this?

I believe I connect the zone preout of the x2600 to ???? Not sure where! There are so many input options.

And the 4 speakers? Can I choose to use to connect to the Denon 2809ci with either front, center, middle, back, or must I use surround?
Do I need to go into the menu of either Denon to configure?

Or would I need to buy a separate amplier for my idea?
Lastly, is it better to try to convert these 4 speakers to wireless speakers via some adaptor and then try using Heos to run everything wireless?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JonathanDQT Audio 0
RuKR Audio 1
R Audio 1
Stealthunit Audio 3
R Audio 0
S Audio 2
J Audio 10
S Audio 1
W Audio 1
L Audio 4
D Audio 3