Connecting 2 receivers together

tkjh34

Estimable
Jul 25, 2014
I have a Onkyo TX-8050 with zone 2 capability. I have another old receiver I want to use to run speakers outside and hook to onkyo. I know where the RCA cables go into onkyo but where do the connect to on old receiver to be able to setup zone 2 and play same music if needed. Thanks.

Solution
Connect the zone 2 outputs of the TX-8050 to any input other than phono on the old receiver. Aux would be fine.
Usually you have to select the source for zone 2 separately. Gives you the option of listening to different sources. The other thing to know is that if a source is connected to the TX-8050 with a digital connection it may not feed zone 2 which is analog. You get around this by adding an analog connection to a different input or directly to the old receiver.
Connect the zone 2 outputs of the TX-8050 to any input other than phono on the old receiver. Aux would be fine.
Usually you have to select the source for zone 2 separately. Gives you the option of listening to different sources. The other thing to know is that if a source is connected to the TX-8050 with a digital connection it may not feed zone 2 which is analog. You get around this by adding an analog connection to a different input or directly to the old receiver.

Solution