Connecting a laptop to two 2560x1440 displays

MHPJOE

Prominent
May 16, 2017
I'm looking for a laptop that can handle two 27-inch DELL U2717D Displays. I've been having trouble finding a laptop with either two thunderbolts or a thunderbolt + HDMI configuration. I tried getting a type C to thunderbolt adapter for a laptop with a type C port but that didn't work either. I would even look at an inexpensive desktop that could do it as well. At this point i'm just not sure why nothing I have tried works.

P.s: yes, I have tried daisy-chaining the screens. Hasn't worked on any laptop that I've tried.

PPS: the laptop I tried with the type C port was this one http://www.microcenter.com/product/468882/aspire_e5-575g-527j_156_laptop_computer_-_obsidian_black

Solution
Not sure why you looking at thunderbolt products.
Your laptop doesn't even support thunderbolt 3, it just has a usb 3.1 gen 1 (usb 3.0) type c port.
Your laptop also have a HDMI port. You could simply get a type c to HDMI adapter or type c to display port and then use the HDMI output from your laptop as well.

Suztera

Estimable
Mar 18, 2014
Not sure why you looking at thunderbolt products.
Your laptop doesn't even support thunderbolt 3, it just has a usb 3.1 gen 1 (usb 3.0) type c port.
Your laptop also have a HDMI port. You could simply get a type c to HDMI adapter or type c to display port and then use the HDMI output from your laptop as well.

Solution