Connecting a Sony HTS and a Roku Express to a Sony Bravia TV

May 19, 2018
I have a Sony Bravia, model # KDL-48R510C. It has 2 HDMI ports. Port 1 is (ARC). The Roku Express must go in port 1. If I connect the home theater system to port 2, the TV recognizes it but does not play sound. The model number for the HTS is DAV-TZ140. What do I need to do to be able to use the sound system with my Roku?

Solution
The tv has a 3.5mm headphone / lineout.

Roku to hdmi arc port & a 3.5mm to twin rca on the sony is your only option.

Youll only get stereo, you can use the prologic setting on the Sony to get simulated surround.
… which means you have a problem with your HDMI port 2.

Does your HTS have any audio inputs? The specs say nothing about that. If there's an input, and your Roku does not have dedicated audio output, you might try HDMI Audio extractor device between the TV and the Roku, with output audio going into the HTS.

May 19, 2018
Port 2 works fine with other devices. When I plug the Roku into port 2 it gives an HDCP error. It seems like both devices need to be plugged into the ARC . My HTS has only composite inputs ( and outputs) and 1 HDMI output only. The HTS was a Mother's Day gift from my son a couple years ago, otherwise I would have given up already.

May 19, 2018

Thank You!!!

May 19, 2018

Picked one up at Walmart for less than 5 bucks -- works great!! I'm one happy momma! Been trying to figure this out for WEEKS! Just wanted to say thanks again! (( internet hugs))

TRENDING THREADS