Connecting a stereo with no output capability

Jun 1, 2018
Hello, I'm sorry if this is a silly question, I know almost nothing about this field. I have an old receiver with multiple RCA inputs for various items like a turntable, etc. It is connected to a set of speakers. I would like to connect to this setup a newer item that has no output. It is a CD player/bluetooth stereo. The only thing it has is a place to attach the speaker wires to. Could I convert some speaker wires to RCA connections, and plug that into the old receiver? Thank you for any help or suggestions.

Jun 1, 2018
Thank you jay32267. So what you're saying is that I should hook up the stereo speaker cables to a converter to adjust the level before inputting it into the receiver, which will then amplify it and output it to the speakers. Is this correct?

Also, would something as simple as this product work? I believe it's for car audio, but if it suffices for my needs, then it's the right price.
https://www.amazon.com/PAC-SNI-35-Variable-Line-Converter/dp/B001EAWS3W/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1527900190&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=speaker+level+to+line+level+converter+rca+male

Thank you.