Solved! Connecting a Yamaha YAS-108 soundbar with a Logitech Z623 subwoofer

Apr 22, 2019
Hi,

I've recently purchased a Yamaha YAS-108 soundbar for my Hisense 65N7 (connect through HDMI ARC).

Yamaha YAS-108 supported bass out through RAC. I've a spare Logitech z623 subwoofer. I was thinking about adding the subwoofer to the soundbar. But I'm not sure whether this will work? And what cable do I need to connect the two? Which port do I use on the subwoofer?

Thanks in advance.
P.s. I'm really a noob when it comes to audio stuff.

Solution
You would need to use the subwoofer AND the right satellite that has the controls on it to get the sub working.
Connect the subwoofer output of the soundbar to the either the left or right aux input of the subwoofer.
Connect the right satellite speaker to the sub as your controller. Since the soundbar will only be sending bass to the Logitech you shouldn't here any sound from that satellite speaker. No need to connect the other one.
Adjust the volume of the sub from the controller/satellite to match the level of the soundbar.
You would need to use the subwoofer AND the right satellite that has the controls on it to get the sub working.
Connect the subwoofer output of the soundbar to the either the left or right aux input of the subwoofer.
Connect the right satellite speaker to the sub as your controller. Since the soundbar will only be sending bass to the Logitech you shouldn't here any sound from that satellite speaker. No need to connect the other one.
Adjust the volume of the sub from the controller/satellite to match the level of the soundbar.

Reactions: Ausbeancounter
Solution