Connecting Bose and Samsung tv

Mona_2

Estimable
Nov 4, 2015
I tried connecting my new Samsung UHDTV
to my Bose system with a HDMI cable. There not working together. Bose surround sound to the TV or the other way around. HELP PLEASE. The Bose system worked with my old TV.

Solution
If both the Bose and the TV have ARC (audio return channel) then you have to connect the Bose to the HDMI input labeled ARC and turn that function on in the TV and maybe Bose.
If one or both doesn't have ARC then you will have connect as Alabalcho suggests.
You might need an DAC to convert digital to analog audio if the Bose doesn't have digital input or a converter to go from optical to coax or vice versa if they both have digital but not the same kind.
Most TVs do not output sound thru HDMI.
If your TV is just a monitor (that is, you feed it thru set-top box like Dish/DirectTV/etc), run the STB into Bose, and from there into TV

If your user your TV with aerial - check to see whether you can get optical out from TV -> optical in to BOSE
Last compromise - headphone out from TV -> AUX in to BOSE

If both the Bose and the TV have ARC (audio return channel) then you have to connect the Bose to the HDMI input labeled ARC and turn that function on in the TV and maybe Bose.
If one or both doesn't have ARC then you will have connect as Alabalcho suggests.
You might need an DAC to convert digital to analog audio if the Bose doesn't have digital input or a converter to go from optical to coax or vice versa if they both have digital but not the same kind.

Solution