Connecting home theatre to SONY LCD TV?

mitamoniq

Estimable
Jun 30, 2014
I have bought Sony BX450 40 LCD, F&D home theater and Philips blu ray disc but the problem in my Tv doesnt have the slots to connect the home theater cables ( it has 2 HDMI inputs, 1 VGA and 1 AUX audio output). No other options to connect my Home theater. I have connected the DVD player with one HDMI port and my cable set top box is connected as VGA ( red, yellow and white cables). I am not getting the proper sound output from my home theater speaker, may be cos my TV doesnt have a multiple audio output options. The home theater is connected as AUX to TV.

kindly request the experts here to help me to find a solution to use my home theater effectively. Please let me know if I need to buy an additional box/cable or anything to connect these things together. Now I can use my home theater without switching TV on.
Any help will be greatly appreciated and Thanks in advance for the help here.
buy.gif

Solution
Ideally, you'd want to go:

Phillips Blu-Ray --> HDMI --> Home Theater
Cable Set top box --> HDMI --> Home Theater
DVD Player --> Composite/Component --> Home Theater
Home Theater --> HDMI --> Sony HDTV

What inputs does your F&D Home Theater have?

-Wolf sends

pauls3743

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
I'm no expert but a google search on your "F&D Home Theater" comes back with, what appears to be, surround speakers for the computer. The computer is capable of delivering all those individual outputs that the F&D Home theatre is asking for. What you're looking for is a cinema home theatre, this should have an HDMI and/or optical/coaxial digital input.

Ideally, you'd want to go:

Phillips Blu-Ray --> HDMI --> Home Theater
Cable Set top box --> HDMI --> Home Theater
DVD Player --> Composite/Component --> Home Theater
Home Theater --> HDMI --> Sony HDTV

What inputs does your F&D Home Theater have?

-Wolf sends

Solution