Connecting Ipad to home theater and Epson projector

Apr 2, 2018
I can connect ipad/iphone to Epson Home cinema 1040 for video display by using lightning to HDMI converter/cable. Now I want to use my Home theater system-Harman Kardon ( BDS 5 Blu ray) for sound. Harman has only one HDMI port. If I connect a HDMI cable (which need to be bought) from Harman to projector (which has two HDMI ports), will I get sound?

From what I gather, you want to connect the Ipad to the projector and the HK system to the projector? No, that won't work. If you read what it states on the HDMI port, it's a monitor out, not an input. The Epson looks to have an audio out port, use that and connect it to the receiver.

Apr 2, 2018
Thanks for quick help.Seems workable The distance between projector and HK system is about 15 ft. I am reluctant to use this option.
I have a HDMI (2x2) switcher which helps me to connect TV, Set up box and projector. A HDMI cable connects Set up box (used for channels streaming) and switcher. 2nd HDMI cable connects switcher to TV . 3rd HDMI cable is linked switcher with HK and 4th HDMI cable is connecting switcher with projector. An optical cable is connected between set up box and HK system.
Can I connect ipad/iphone to HDMI switcher and remove Set up box when ipad is in use for streaming?
Then Optical cable can't be used. Other connections remain. Can I get sound from HK system? If not, what is the alternative.

Apr 2, 2018
I connected ipad lightning to HDMI converter and by using HDMI cable with projector. Sound was coming out of projector. Then, I connected Projector audio port (red and white) with HK receiver as suggested by Hang. But there was no sound from the speaker. Please advise what could be the reason? What is the alternative solution?

See if that audio out port is working at all, try another powered speaker. Check the manual for the projector to see if you need to enable that audio out port.

Apr 2, 2018

Speakers are working if ipad 3.5 mm jack is connected to HT receiver directly. At that time, I can't display Video. probably projector has only audio in. What could be the solution?

Did you check with Epson support site to see why the audio out is not working on the projector in your case?

Apr 2, 2018
FAQ in the manual which you have sent me says that Quote
Can I connect my product to external speakers?
No, but you may be able to output sound to external speakers by connecting them directly to the video equipment or computer you have connected to the projector.
Unuote
There is no audio output in the projector