connecting laptop, projector and sound system

Dylan13

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
I was reading through other articles and the thing I couldn't find was how to connect everything to a DJ sound system. Do I still need to go into the control panel and change the speaker settings? Do I need to use patch cable to connect to the sound system? If the laptop is connected to the projector via the HDMI and I change the speakers in the control panel should the sound come through the sound system via the headphone connection I typically use?
Help
thanks
Dylan

Solution
I'd disable the HDMI sound, and use the primary speaker or headphone output to run the sound through the mixer or amplifier, depending on what and how you have the system configured. Generally, you'll need a 3.5mm to 1/4" adapter unless your sound equipment has 3.5mm sound inputs. It really depends on what kind of DJ setup you have, what you are trying to do and whether you are running multiple channels or split signals.

On my equipment I run a 3.5mm to 1/4" input to a pre-amp input on the amp/mixer, and then do all the adjustment on the pre-amplified signal to eliminate amplifying unwanted frequency or distortion. I generally would use a flat unadjusted signal from the PC unless you cannot achieve the desired sound by adjusting your...
I'd disable the HDMI sound, and use the primary speaker or headphone output to run the sound through the mixer or amplifier, depending on what and how you have the system configured. Generally, you'll need a 3.5mm to 1/4" adapter unless your sound equipment has 3.5mm sound inputs. It really depends on what kind of DJ setup you have, what you are trying to do and whether you are running multiple channels or split signals.

On my equipment I run a 3.5mm to 1/4" input to a pre-amp input on the amp/mixer, and then do all the adjustment on the pre-amplified signal to eliminate amplifying unwanted frequency or distortion. I generally would use a flat unadjusted signal from the PC unless you cannot achieve the desired sound by adjusting your mixing equipment in which case you can then make small adjustments to the frequencies using the mixer on whatever application you're using to spit signal to the pre-amp.

Solution