Connecting laptop to screen and surround sound

jessied

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to connect a laptop to a Fujitsu Plasma screen (which has no audio of it's own) and to a Harman Kardon amplifier so that we can hear it in surround sound? Have tried HDMI to the screen and an audio jack to the amp (using headphone port on laptop) and get a great picture but no sound. Amp is quite old and doesn't have an HDMI port. Any ideas ????

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Audio 2
P Audio 0
N Audio 1
Aivarasasas11224 Audio 8
Al319 Audio 10
sriblacky Audio 2
J Audio 1
J Audio 1
A Audio 4
J Audio 1
P Audio 2
R Audio 2
S Audio 1
Marksimilijan Audio 4
M Audio 1
C Audio 1
C Audio 1
S Audio 1
D Audio 2
M Audio 1
Similar threads
Question Laptop PC that's connected to DAC connection to Sony AV Receiver (of 2012) for music listening
Question Question Traktor Audio 2 MK1 Soundcard single popping sound when turning on/off laptop and when connecting/disconnecting USB. Is it a normal behavior?
Solved! Unable to connect JBL Flip 4 to laptop Bluetooth
Question Old dvd connected to the phone/laptop problem
Question Connecting subwoofer to Speaker/Laptop
Solved! Help me to connect laptop to sony HT RT3 via HDMI cable
Question How to Connect 2 Powered Subwoofers to each other and run 4 Powered Speakers from them all Connected to my Laptop ?
Solved! How can I play sound at the same both from my laptop and my extended monitor I connected with HDMI cable?
Solved! Connecting laptop to tv with 5.1 home theater
[Windows 7] My bluetooth speaker is connected to my Laptop. I tried playing music but not hearing anything.
With HDMI Cable connected b/w multi media Projector and Laptop when Audiojack is inserted the Projector screen goes off
How to connect Samsung home theater to Sony laptop
Connect home theater 5.1 to laptop/mobile
Connecting 5.1 speakers to a laptop
Need Help Connecting 5.1 Speakers to Laptop
I want to connect a laptop with HDMI to a monitor with DVI. I want to also have audio. Any suggestions for a cable?
Connect passive bookshelf speakers with passive sub to a laptop
my headphone is not connecting to my laptop. But why?
how to connect external microphone on laptop
Can i connect Laptop HDMI (ARC) to DVD HDMI Out (ARC) for surround sound?

ASK THE COMMUNITY