Solved! connecting my old sony speakers with an amplifier

Mar 20, 2019
Hello everyone
i have an old Sony mini hi-fi component system MHC-GN770. i have two main speakers that are working great but main unit is not. one of my friends has an Akai AM-2250 amplifier. i was wondering whether i can use my speakers with this amplifier. Any help is welcome.
thanks.

Solution
The speakers are 6 ohms which should be safe on the Akai.
The Akai is 25 watts x 2 so may not play them as loud as you could with the Sony main unit.
Playing the speakers louder than the Akai can handle would damage the tweeters of the speakers. If you hear any distortion back down on the volume. Using the tone or loudness controls could reduce the volume that the Akai can play the speakers safely so leave the tone controls flat and the loudness off. It is OK to turn the bass and treble down.
The speakers are 6 ohms which should be safe on the Akai.
The Akai is 25 watts x 2 so may not play them as loud as you could with the Sony main unit.
Playing the speakers louder than the Akai can handle would damage the tweeters of the speakers. If you hear any distortion back down on the volume. Using the tone or loudness controls could reduce the volume that the Akai can play the speakers safely so leave the tone controls flat and the loudness off. It is OK to turn the bass and treble down.

Solution
Mar 20, 2019
thank you for the reply.
i dont mind playing them at lower volume.. as such i play them at middle level at max (max is 30 nd i go most 15 - just for reference). if i can play them as loud as i can now at 15 level through old amplifier, it will be more than enough for me. my main concern is clarity of vocals nd bass.

Mar 20, 2019
and also one more question if you don't mind answering please.
i am also looking for an a/v receiver which can handle these speakers and also can be furure proof with all the options. not too expensive though.