Connecting New Digital TV to old analog stereo

Grimdog

Estimable
Nov 28, 2015
Hello.
Could someone please help.
I have New Veon digital TV but it has no headphone jack or optical in/out but has HDMI and Rca .and an older Bose system which is analog because it only has Rca ports.
I don't know how to connect,any advice appreciated.

terry4536

Distinguished
Herald
Mar 28, 2010
What is the make/model of the TV? Generally there is an analog output on the TV. If not there probably is on the cable or satellite set top box. That is how my HDTV is connected to my system. I have a Yamaha receiver that just keeps chugging along, and I hate to replace it while it it still works great.

I think there are HDMI to analogue adapters available (check Newegg or Amazon).

Grimdog

Estimable
Nov 28, 2015

Grimdog

Estimable
Nov 28, 2015
Hi...thanks .yes the name of the TV is a Veon model SRO9110-B .With an analog output do you mean RCA ? Yes it has but it won't get any sound when connected to Bose system.I'm not using a set top box because its already built into my TV.
TV has HDMI ...co axial and rca connections only.
Thanks

terry4536

Distinguished
Herald
Mar 28, 2010
Then I would guess that you have a cable problem. Try another cable. Also try another input on the receiver and make sure that you are actually selecting the correct source on the receiver.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Audio 2
Q Audio 6
X Audio 6
R Audio 21
T Audio 3
B Audio 8
M Audio 3
B Audio 3
1 Audio 1
A Audio 1
P Audio 3