connecting pioneer vsx 510s

sharpo

Estimable
Feb 12, 2015
I have connected my receiver up to my television using a HDMI cable from the ARC point on the back of the receiver to the ARC point on the back of the television. i have managed to get sound for my xbox to come out, when i select GAME on the receiver menu and i suspect the same will happen with my ps4 when i select BD, however when i want to simply watch television and my consoles are turned off i do not receive any sound. i have tried all of the chanels on the receiver e.g GAME, BD, TV,CD etc but none of them produce sound. and when i press hdmi/mhl to select that (thinking the tv is linked by hdmi so maybe its as simple as selecting the hdmi title) it doesn't even change channels on the receiver.

i'd appreciate any help on this as its awefully confusing, and im unsure as to what i have to do.

thank you
mali

sharpo

Estimable
Feb 12, 2015
do you happen to know how i would do that at all? i think ive enabled arc on the receiver but it wont let me select the television. as in, it has tv, game, bd, cd etc as title to apply arc to but no generic arc title :s