Connecting Sanyo VCR to Smart Tv

Feb 25, 2018
Hi
I'm trying to connect my Sanyo vcr to my smart tv to watch a few tapes to see what is on them. I've tried a couple different things now to get it to work and the vcr plays but nothing shows up on the screen. I've done the red white and yellow cord to the tv since it also has it. I switch the input to the component which is highlighted and the vcr tape never comes up on screen. I also bought a converter today to hdmi and tried that and all I got was a blue screen-do u think the vcr is bad? I'm pretty sure it worked the last time we used it but That was years ago. I just wanted to view the videos before I decide to see which ones to switch over to Dvd.

What is weird we currently have a DVD player and we are able to connect the red, white and yellow cord to the tv and that source works no problem,. Am I doing something wrong or do you think it's the vcr.

Any help is appreciated

Feb 25, 2018
Hi
Yes the front panel is all lit up and you can hear the vcr playing the vhs tape. I really don't want to buy one just to see the videos but I don't want to convert them all either except for the ones i want.

Maybe I can see if any of my friends have a vcr that I can borrow.

Thank you,
Delaney