Connecting Smart TV to Receiver without using HDMI cable

jbarbee2359

Estimable
Apr 9, 2015
I have an LG Smart TV and a Pioneer Receiver (VSK-1022). The receiver is located approximately 25 feet away in a coat closet around a corner, where all of the hookups for the surround sound speakers are. I am looking for a way to get audio from the TV to the speakers, and video from the receiver to the TV to navigate the menus. I would like to accomplish this without having an HDMI cable constantly laying across my floor or busting in to the wall if possible. I live in a slab house, so no crawl space. The TV is mounted on an exterior wall, and the coat closet is central to the house.

The adapter kanewolf suggests would get the receiver display on the TV but they don't make one with ARC so to get sound from the TV to the receiver you would need an additional solution. Since you are not going to use the menus often a temporary composite video cable should be OK.
Some forums say you can use a combination of a Optical to Coax digital converter - wireless composite video transmitter and receiver to do wireless digital audio. I would suggest getting a pro to take a look at it and see if they can run an HDMI cable for you.