Connecting Sorround System to Tv

Jhonee310

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
Hello,
i would like some help on figuring out how to connect my sorround system 5.1 its an old one its a techniqs sag-90 to my tv lg lcd lk450 im currently using a 3.5 mm to rca to connect from the receiver to the headphones jack to the tv is that a good idea..... i did that since i had the cable and i tought it would work great but sound isnt that great sound only comes from the center speaker since im using 5.1 i would like to hear from all speakers o is it normal for the sound to only come from the center speaker welll hopelly someone can help if you need more info please ask,,, i realyy dont know nothing about this... also i would like to mention that i connect my xbox 360 to my tv and the sound comes from the sorround system as welll i guess this happens since its connected to the earphone jack....idk help

Jhonee310

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012

alright well the thing is that in surround sound mode it does come from all speakers
the problem is that the sound coming from the middle speaker is the loudest
you can barely hear the front left and right or the back left and right
is that normal the center speaker simply over shadows all other speakers
so all i could hear is voice coming from the middle speaker and cant really listen to effects etc. etc.
is that the way its to behave???

well yeah and in stereo mode its backwards lol
i can hear all four speakers well they sound great
but the thing is that i can barely listen to voice
the center speaker doesnt give out any signal

and im using a rca to 3.5 mm
to connect my sorround system to my tv