Solved! connecting subwoofer to external pc soundcard

Nov 27, 2019
Hello, I wonder if anybody can help me, I recently bought a pair of pioneer dm-40's for my pc, they sound great but the trouble is the bass is not enough so I have tried to connect my old logitech subwoofer to my external soundcard. I have tried every type of connection but it will not work. The sub is the Z323 model which comes with the logitech speakers. Originally the speakers plugged into the sub which connected to the audio input on the soundcard but because I have no speakers plugged into the sub and a direct double rca to minijack cable connected to the sub connection on the soundcard it won't seem to pick up any sound. I am guessing it can't pick up sound without speakers plugged into it. I have tried looking online for a PC sub to use but they all seem to come attached with PC speakers, does anybody know the best model I could get or if there is any work around to using the logitech sub I have now. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Nov 27, 2019
I have tried changing the settings in the audio control panel for both windows and the sound card itself, it doesn't pick it up at all, it worked fine with the two pc speakers plugged into it but I just can't get it to work with the monitors and I don't want to buy another pc subwoofer and have the same problem.

Nov 27, 2019
I don't understand it I have tried everything, I tried reinstalling the drivers today, I don't know if there is a setting in Windows 10 thats disabling it or whether it's the actual subwoofer, I tried plugging the old pc monitors into the sub connection, nothing seems to work, I've tried going on the c media website to get updated drivers and they say they no longer support windows 10 drivers. I have no idea what I can do, this is the device I purchased https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01HM5KP5A/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

Dec 12, 2019
But the subwoofer you have and the 2 speakers came together as a Set?
So is it a 2.1 speakerset which both L+R speakers you plug into the Red&White Slots at the back of the Subwoofer?
And sure there is 1 more slot at the back of Sub for plug AUX 3.5mm cable in the Woofer, and other end of cable can be plugged in the device you want hear Audio from?

Do you use the Original Power cord/cable/adapter for the Speakerset that came with the subwoofer or the set?

Srry, my english is quite poor. Can you tell us all information you have as detailed possible please mate? Or add some links with good quality pictures please

Maybe after sharing more info with us we can figure out if there might be chance the subwoofer is defect/broken or not. The fact the Sub doesnt work or doesnt do anything at all is unusual for such device if its not completely dead for some reason.

Nov 27, 2019
My apologies, I accidentally deleted my post, I thought it duplicated. I don't think this sub will work unless it has speakers connected to it, it works fine if I plug in the original Logitech speakers but the Pioneer speakers plug directly into the soundcard. The original pc speakers plugged into the connection at the bottom of the sub and the single rca input above it.

b4341e62-e02c-4e3f-9552-88469adf3fbc.jpg