connecting sunbeam bsb-2005 soundbar to westinghouse tv

littlebesr5

Estimable
Jul 6, 2015
I tried connecting my sound bar with only a red and white plug to my audio in back of my TVs red and white input..I get no sound..the soundbar works because I played the radio in it..but I'm getting no sound out of my TV..is their another plug and way I need to connect it to get sound.?

Solution
".the red and white on back of my Westinghouse TV , says av-input..for the red and white plug."
I am just checking but you did say input. If you are trying to plug a sound bar into the tv a/v input you wont get anything. you need to look for a set of RCA audio out put which will still be red or white.

without you stating the tv model I am not sure if you even have any. I just purchased an RCA today and it was without so i tripped across this thread. The DCA suggest will solve my problem as I have a Digital Audio out which is both the red and white audio channels combined so now i can split them into an old dvd surround sound that i have.

littlebesr5

Estimable
Jul 6, 2015
Um?// OK..the sound bar came with a red and white plug..nothing more in back except the power jack and antenna jack..the red and white on back of my Westinghouse TV , says av-input..for the red and white plug.i know I need a adapter, but what sort..the DAC in photo looks good..I'm no computer wizard and a disabled Veteran..I just like to know , when I head out to the tore I know exactly what I need, so I'm not sold then wrong thing.I take a cab everywhere I go..so a positve answer is appreciated. I seen a video where the extension had a head phone jack with the red and white plug...and that u plug the jack in because the head phone jack would release the sound to the soundbar..is this right..I'm lost..lol

schuttep

Estimable
Jul 13, 2015
".the red and white on back of my Westinghouse TV , says av-input..for the red and white plug."
I am just checking but you did say input. If you are trying to plug a sound bar into the tv a/v input you wont get anything. you need to look for a set of RCA audio out put which will still be red or white.

without you stating the tv model I am not sure if you even have any. I just purchased an RCA today and it was without so i tripped across this thread. The DCA suggest will solve my problem as I have a Digital Audio out which is both the red and white audio channels combined so now i can split them into an old dvd surround sound that i have.

Solution