Connecting TV with AV reciever and bluray dvd player

sibuns

Estimable
Mar 11, 2014
Hello!

I want to connect the following 3 components: Sony Bravia KDL - 40EX520, Harman Kardon AVR 165/230 and some Sony bluray dvd player. I noticed that the AV reciever has the ARC hdmi port on the back site.

What is the best way to connect these 3 components together ? I have 2 speakers already connected to the reciever.

Ty for your help!

sibuns

Estimable
Mar 11, 2014
So i go from hdmi on bluray to hdmi in in reciever. What about from reciever to tv ? Are the signal bothway ? if i go from reciever hdmi out to tv in... than i wont get sound from tv to speakers right ?

And what is that ARC monitor out hdmi port that i have on reciever ?

sibuns

Estimable
Mar 11, 2014
And because of that i dont have to use optical cable for audio right ? Does this model of Sony bravia supports ARC hdmi ? Do i need to set up any other settings after i connect all of this?

^ you need to read your reciever manual mate.
You should be able to program names to each HDMI connection so they coincide with connected equipment.
I'm not familiar with the Harmon kardon ,I have a arc enabled sony 7.1 receiver but HDMI 1 arc is defaulted to TV on amp.
You will have to have a play mate ,I only found out by mistake that when I set my amp to my sat box or bluray player ,my TV remote can control the functions of both via that HDMI control option.

sibuns

Estimable
Mar 11, 2014
Ok i have a problem. I connected the AVR and ty through ARC hdmi port but there is no sound comming out of speaker.

Another problem that i noticed. If i dont connect tv to AVR all programs work, but if i connect to it some programs doesnt show up. It says poor signal qulaity.. Why is that ?

sibuns

Estimable
Mar 11, 2014
Well i figure it out... It was a bad hdmi cable... =)

Im using stereo speakers.

Is there any way that i can set program list any easier way? From computer or something ?