Connecting two USB headsets to allow them to freely talk to each other.

Native

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2007
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to get two USB headsets that have mics on them to talk to each other via possibly a laptop? We want two people to talk to each other who are standing opposite each other to communicate via the headsets for this activities for kids to play with.

We have an idea of using walkie talkies on the same freq however, I think I would like a better solution if there is on?

Hope this is the right section to post this!

Cheers for any replies and help!
W

xSimply1337x

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
if you are using windows 7 or later simply connect them and make sure they both have had their drivers installed. then simply open up the program you are going to use that will allow them to talk to one another. it's all based on the software that you are using. if the software doesn't have options for selecting two different inputs and allowing them to communicate with one another then you won't be able to do it. please explain in more detail as to the scenario in which you are wanting to use these headsets.

If for example you are trying to set up a scenario in which they are wireless and you want these two headsets to be able to communicate with one another while the two people using them are running around a room together and you want them to be able to communicate with each other like they are walkie talkies as if they are on a battlefield and they are soldiers then you simply need to set up a program that will allow intercommunication between multiple parties such as teamspeak.

It's very easy to get two headsets to work at the same time as two separate inputs on a pc in some program but as for communication between the two it would require a little more work finding software that will let you do it.

Native

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2007
Hey xSimply1337x,

Ideally I think the ideal option would have 2-4 USB headsets connected to a single USB HUB that is connected to a laptop. I'm thinking of using teamspeak/discord as the software, but unsure whether if that would work. So I would guess you would need multiple clients in those pieces of software?

Cheers
W