Connecting wireless speakers

BLUESTU440

Estimable
Jan 7, 2016
I have a Sony RXDS midi hifi with a turntable connected through the MD/Video input connection, how can I connect wireless speakers please, don't need to send it to another room I just don't want wires trailed round the room

Solution
First you need a transmitter. Something like the following product.

http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=10601

There are other choices as well.

Then you will need an RCA extension cable with RCA style connectors (red-white pair) on each end. You may even have a RCA extension cable around somewhere.... If so, then you can sacrifice it accordingly.

Cut the extension cable in half and strip the installation off of the cut ends.

The cut ends will go into the wire points on the back of the hifi unit. The uncut ends (with the RCA connectors) will go to the transmitter.

Something along those lines to match the connection(s) between the hifi and the transmitter.

Just need to get the correct wire gauge and be careful with the cuts...
First you need a transmitter. Something like the following product.

http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=10601

There are other choices as well.

Then you will need an RCA extension cable with RCA style connectors (red-white pair) on each end. You may even have a RCA extension cable around somewhere.... If so, then you can sacrifice it accordingly.

Cut the extension cable in half and strip the installation off of the cut ends.

The cut ends will go into the wire points on the back of the hifi unit. The uncut ends (with the RCA connectors) will go to the transmitter.

Something along those lines to match the connection(s) between the hifi and the transmitter.

Just need to get the correct wire gauge and be careful with the cuts and stripping.

Lots of wiring diagrams can be found on line so look around a bit.

Solution
@Ralston,
The device you've pointed do does not accept RCA inputs, it accepts Line input to "smaller" box, and speaker outputs (the remote larger box), and feeding it with speaker output is a sure way to blow it.

To the OP: Does your HiFi system has RCA (monitor out, tape out) connection?

Alabacho. Thanks. My error.

Just to clarify then:

1) The sound source output goes into the transmitter (smaller box) Audio input port via a 3.5 mm plug.

2) The transmitters sends the audio signal via 2.4 GHz to the amplifier (larger box).

3) The amplifier then sends the audio to the Left and Right speakers via the RCA (?) jacks on the back of the amplifier. (At least they appear to be RCA jacks to me but I can see some threading inside....not sure.)

4) The wiring to the left and right speakers would be via RCA/? connectors on the amplifier end to bare wire lock-in type connections (black/red) on the speaker end (or other type connector type as warranted by the speakers).

If the above wiring scheme is correct (I hope) I have no idea as to why I wired in the hifi as I did. Again my error and my apologies to all for the confusion.