Solved! Connection to laptop monitor got cut off, everything should be working. But hmdl shows black screen.

Nootnootmofo

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
Hi...so it started with my arm hinges of my screen coming off and the connection between the base and monitor eventually and tragically coming off.
It was working perfectly before. Now, what was surprising was when I hooked up my tv via hdml to the laptop and...for only a black screen to be apparent on the TV! It was detecting the laptop but for some reason nothing was going through. It's weird because everything else in the laptop is intact.

Solution
Hi,

Please Try Swapping the HDMI Cable If it doesn't work try connecting to another Monitor with your old and new both HDMI Cable If it's still doesn't Work it's problem with the Laptop HDMI port If it works then there is problem with the TV HDMI port Or There is Software settings needs to be done in TV and Laptop Try to set tv and Laptop default settings if it doesn't work We need the Model number of TV and the Laptop in details to help you further.

Thanks
Techmosquito
Jul 21, 2019
Hi,

Please Try Swapping the HDMI Cable If it doesn't work try connecting to another Monitor with your old and new both HDMI Cable If it's still doesn't Work it's problem with the Laptop HDMI port If it works then there is problem with the TV HDMI port Or There is Software settings needs to be done in TV and Laptop Try to set tv and Laptop default settings if it doesn't work We need the Model number of TV and the Laptop in details to help you further.

Thanks
Techmosquito

Solution