Connectivity problem with Android box (Kodi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi,

I bought a Android Box 4.4 kitkat 2GB, 4K capable, connected to my HDTV through either HDMI1 or HDMI2. On the Android Launcher every 3-5 seconds the screen turns blue shows: either Air 23, or Composite or Component. I'm novice using a tv box, used to have cable for so many years. Same problem persists if you are browsing the apps or intending to watch a movie, before the movie starts right. Remote control works fine with the box. I haven't tried yet the keyboard. Android Box is connected w/wifi. Checked the osd tab on the tv, limited options from 5 seconds to 6 seconds, couldn't disable it. This issue is becoming very annoying. I would appreciate if someone can give a light on this.

Thank you guys

Solution
I use Kodi myself and here's the thing. Kodi and Android seems like a perfect match, but in reality it's not. The Kodi program requires horsepower in order to be able to function correctly, and the Android systems just don't seem to have that OS stability for it. I even tried it on the firestick and it was worse.

I know this doesn't really answer your question, but it's just my recommendation. I would move Kodi to a computer or a laptop, it runs SO MUCH better. Plus, you can alter the settings file for quicker downloads/streams, etc.

thejackal85

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016
I use Kodi myself and here's the thing. Kodi and Android seems like a perfect match, but in reality it's not. The Kodi program requires horsepower in order to be able to function correctly, and the Android systems just don't seem to have that OS stability for it. I even tried it on the firestick and it was worse.

I know this doesn't really answer your question, but it's just my recommendation. I would move Kodi to a computer or a laptop, it runs SO MUCH better. Plus, you can alter the settings file for quicker downloads/streams, etc.

Solution
G

G

G

thank you. I will try w/a different HDMI cable hopefully it works, at the time I'm using the cable that came along with the box. If it still doesn't work I would have to replace it as I'm within warranty time frame. It's weird because once box is turned on, I get the launcher with the beautiful Android interface, but opening applications or trying to watch a movie is a mission. TV locks me out every 5 or 3 seconds. Remote control works fine.

thank you again :)

G

G

Thank you very much for your feedback but honestly don't feel like changing resolution settings. If this is a 4K ready Android Box it should work fine. Unfortunately for what I see you have to tweak this type of devices to get the job done. I'd rather to return it and get a refund.

budwich

Honorable
Oct 30, 2015

OK... but it has little to do with the box. In your case, any 4k will likely be an issue. The purpose of changing the resolution is called / part of troubleshooting. If you don't want to do any, that's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.