Solved! Connects to internet but can't google search

Nov 6, 2018
TV will connect to the Internet but when I select an item in the search it comes back with server not found.

In other words I can use the google search to find an item but can not select any hyperlinks to go any further. This is when I get the server not found.

Solution
Have you tried checking/changing the DNS Server settings?

If the TV allows manual configuration then try a few different public DNS Servers ... E.g.,

Cloudflare: 1.1.1.1 & 1.0.0.1
Google: 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4
Quad9: 9.9.9.9

Check the Parental Controls of the TV.

Do you have any Geo blocking restrictions in your location?

A couple more things to try there.

Cloudy1

Honorable
Jan 21, 2016
"Can't select any hyperlinks to go any further" or you select them and then get the error?

The above are two different things - the first implying that you cannot click on the links at all after the initial search and then the error occurs ... and the second that you have been able to click the desired link and then get the error.

Anyways ...

First of all try the same website on a computer and see if it works to eliminate the website/s as the source.

Next ... this might be caused by outdated firmware - check if there is a firmware upgrade available for the TV by going to the Manufacturer website and entering in the exact Model/Serial number.

If a firmware upgrade is available then research how to put it on a USB drive and install it for your particular TV.

After install - recheck ... and try a few different websites/links ... maybe it's a problem with the website and it's inability to deliver content through that particular device (I.e., the TV) which can happen.

If still happening with ALL websites AFTER a firmware update (IF one happened to be available) then???

Cloudy1

Honorable
Jan 21, 2016
Have you tried checking/changing the DNS Server settings?

If the TV allows manual configuration then try a few different public DNS Servers ... E.g.,

Cloudflare: 1.1.1.1 & 1.0.0.1
Google: 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4
Quad9: 9.9.9.9

Check the Parental Controls of the TV.

Do you have any Geo blocking restrictions in your location?

A couple more things to try there.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS