constant sound from speaker

kizonis

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
Hello,
I just received my M-audio BX5A deluxe monitor from repair, where they had to fit a new power transformer.
The problem is that since I plugged it in, the speaker emits a constant high pitched low volume sound which is rather annoying.
I tried to find the source of the sound and I realized that it is somehow connected to one of the two screws that connect the transformer with the back of the speaker. Every time I turn the screw a bit the sound stops and after a while it starts again.
Comparing the 2 speakers I realized that they had to add a small part, not sure how to call it in English but it is a small ring that prevents the screws from screwing in completely, something like the middle part of this http://
Any ideas on what I should do to fix it?
-the repair was not done by M-Audio but from a freelance technician and I could give it back to the guy but I am trying to avoid the whole process...-

Saberus

Honorable
Aug 23, 2013
Tech messed up. That little bit of metal is called a washer. Take it back, point it out, and get him to fix it right (Or better, get your money back and go to someone else to fix it.)

kizonis

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
dont think I can ask for my money back, given that the guy ordered a new transformer for my speaker etc.
it wouldnt turn on at all and now it does work with this inconvenience.
I am trying to find the reason behind this sound and if it is something very simple, fix it at home.
there is also an update: I unscrewed it and screwed it again and now the other screw has the same effect...