Consumer Reports Confirms Verizon iPhone 4 Flaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Every phone has a flaw in it's own right, the Galaxy S with it's flawed file system (which can be fixed), Blackberry with it's symbian, Windows Phone 7 with it's brick update and now BOTH versions of the iPhone with their antenna issue.

So far my worst experience with any of my phones was my Windows mobile Six (6) device (iMate Jama 101) dropping a large majority of my calls.

asdf634

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
Seriously, is anyone actually expect Apple to fix this problem? This is how they get people to buy the new "iPhone 5 - Our best reception. Ever."

G

@joy I'm pretty sure Blackberry doesn't run Symbian, otherwise we have a pretty ugly mess on our hands. A dying mess.

G

Consumer report is not a credible source. Unless your a retard

G

Shame on Apple to not fix a problem they've known for so long!

And it's intriguing that they chose not to fix it, given the new bad publicity cycle this may let loose again. Perhaps it's indicative of their belligerence -- perhaps they think they have a sort of monopoly because in many other respects they have a great product.

As an owner of the new Verizon iPhone 4 I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope that Apple provides the attenuation defeating case free of charge.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
Mind you it is still an iPhone 4, but considering they have a CDMA radio in the verizon model I figured they would have fixed the signal attenuation problem, unless its a problem with the design of the phone itself, and not just the antennae location within the case.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]Mgamerz[/nom]@joy I'm pretty sure Blackberry doesn't run Symbian, otherwise we have a pretty ugly mess on our hands. A dying mess.[/citation]

Oh yeah sorry I meant Nokia's phones, Blackberry has something else..

G

To "Rubbish"
People like you, who use the word "retard" in an attempt to attack somebody or something without bothering to give one reason for your opinion, are doubly doomed when going public: you insult a group of innocent people who have nothing to do with the target of your irrational hatred, and you show yourself to possess a brain pretending to produce ideas but functioning only at the reptilian level.

G

@invlem:

"unless its a problem with the design of the phone itself, and not just the antennae location within the case."

And therein lies the problem. The antennae aren't -in- the case, the antennae ARE the case. That metal band around the outside isn't just a frame for skeletal use, it's the antennae. Thus, there's very few practical ways you can hold it and not have some degree of attenuation. There's a reason everybody else moved the antennae to the inside or at worst to a small nubbin on the top edge. 'Tis a pity that Apple, usually a design champ, got this so horribly wrong.

G

So far My EVO has no problems WHAT SO EVER which is something that's hard to say when dealing with phones. I am extremely impressed with HTC. Great Job

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
I do agree that Apple has zero excuse for the VZ iPhone to still have a flaw the original ATT iPhone had. Apple may be getting too big for its own good. Lets hope Apple learns from this mistake and improves upon it!

gramps

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2004
I do agree that Apple has zero excuse for the VZ iPhone to still have a flaw the original ATT iPhone had. Apple may be getting too big for its own good. Lets hope Apple learns from this mistake and improves upon it!

Huh? They sure didn't learn from the original ATT mistake, so what chance of learning this time around?

They don't care, they have thier money as people will buy it nevertheless...

princeofdreams

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
While I have a general hatred of anything Apple and completely refuse to buy any of their products it seems crazy to me the way everyone expected the attenuation problem to be resolved just because the iphone suddenly appeared on Verizon. Yeah it had CDMA added, but that is a software (possibly a small internal chip upgrade) to change the antenna would mean a complete redesign of the whole external case which wont happen until the iphone 5

The iphone wont change until the next model is released, if they had retooled a case for Verizon, then all network providers would start saying they wanted this or that alteration making which would be a bad business proposal for Apple and while I hate the closed system of Apple and their products seem way over hyped for me, you do have to admire their business know how

Status
Not open for further replies.