Consumer Reports Gives Apple Thumbs Down #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

atawhai007

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
Apple went from being the little company that could to the big company that won't, great way to thank your loyal fans Apple.

RaZZ3R

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2008
How stupid do you have to be to pay more for less, but how more stupid do you really have to buy to buy something that is (actually should be) free. I make in 2 moths what you pay for a crapy phone and you flame others because they are poor and can't get an iCrap? Ignorats is trully bliss in this world. Apple and Steve Jobs doesn't advance ower technology, he takes us back to the Dark Age because every thing they make is magical so you don't have to be advance in tech you just have to be a magician. The next product from Apple should be: iAbracadabra, its absolut magical, and it's got even a unicorn to!

Breaking news: Apple has used all the money they made in the last 10 years to clone Steve Jobs so we can have him to make more money for us for the next 40 years.

silentq

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
[citation][nom]atawhai007[/nom]Apple went from being the little company that could to the big company that won't, great way to thank your loyal fans Apple.[/citation]
That was inevitable

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Is Apple still using the original, flawed case design in its new
iPhone production or is it already using a new case design?
if later is true, maybe the September 30 time period is to give
people who bought iPhones with old case adequate time to replace
the case. I have no damn clue, just wondering.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Who cares. If I was Apple I would never have even offered the case to begin with. If you don't like the phone reception please bring it back for a full refund. Raise your hand if you are going to return your iPhone 4? Thought so. People would rather moan and complain and file lawsuits than just take the device and get their money back.

thillntn

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
Apple and $ony should merge, just like HP and Compaq did a while back. That way they could really come up with new and great ways to cripple the user's experience together. Just think, they could blame the bad case design on piracy then instead of the end user!

bamslang

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
I would assume that Apple ending the free cases would mean they have a fix around the corner. However, I highly doubt that seeing as Jobs was so reluctant to even give out the cases in the first place.

If you sell people a lemon, you have to take responsibility for that. It’s complete BS to me that Apple says “We didn’t know about the issue before hand.” Any company would do testing on their new products and something that was so easy to trigger.

Fix the problem OR keep the free case program going.

viometrix

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Who cares. If I was Apple I would never have even offered the case to begin with. If you don't like the phone reception please bring it back for a full refund. Raise your hand if you are going to return your iPhone 4? Thought so. People would rather moan and complain and file lawsuits than just take the device and get their money back.[/citation]

you my friend are an idiot!!!! i gues nvidia shouldve done the same with overheating gpus? or better yet toyota shouldve done that with their faulty accelerators? the fact is that if you release a defective product, you need to fix it, especially since the iphone 3 had no such reception issues. so in your eyes it is ok to pay more for an upgraded model and get less?

TheKurrgan

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
Apple knows it doesnt need to keep the case program going, people will buy the thing any way. I am stuck on AT&T where I live, as there is no other viable carriers (Just a small local carrier that doesnt have data roaming outside of the county) and recently decided to reup my contract, and got an iPhone 4. I can say that the unit is quite nice, however I was frankly bored with it. Beyond having a very nice screen, its simply a 3GS with a front facing camera.. Big whoop.. Plus, the one I got was DOA, as the camera didnt function.. So far about 4 days of goofing with it, i took it back and got a captivate. Much more up my alley, as I like to mess around with things, and with the iPhone is simply is, what it is. I also find that after rooting/lagfix on the captivate the general operation of the device for opening email with attachments and what not, plus using the thing is a bit faster than the iPhone 4. So, basically I give the iPhone 4 a fail, for being boring, and having a pretty nasty design flaw for reception. Beyond that however, it is fine for more people, and if you arent tired of you 3gs, and simply like how it works, the iPhone 4 should be a nice device. It is worth noting however, that in the same spot, about 300 ft from a tower with -51 dbm signal, the iPhone 4 is significantly faster according to speedtest.net than my 3g is, as well as my captivate (only on the upload)

G

Well, when they tried taking the phone out for real world testing, some dope lost it in a pub and it got picked up by Gizmodo.

So they settled for their simulations.

zilnicra

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
the problem with apple, is they always tested it in a case so nobody could see what the new I(dol)phone looked like. its a classic engineering overlooking HOW THE USER IS GOING TO USE THIS DEVICE. that is the problem when a technology company pushes technology (innovation), instead of using the technology to SOLVE an existing problem. the only problem a new phone every 9 months solves is how to make the stock price go up. however, i shall not just throw apple under the bus here (although i would love to) but they just are the best at it.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Who cares. If I was Apple I would never have even offered the case to begin with. If you don't like the phone reception please bring it back for a full refund. Raise your hand if you are going to return your iPhone 4? Thought so. People would rather moan and complain and file lawsuits than just take the device and get their money back.[/citation]

ya it's a great idea all the way up to the 4 year contract you signed to have at&t service the phone. go rethink that genius

helldog3105

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
Wow. Such vitriol in the comments today on both sides. I must say, the iPhone4 looks nice. That being said my two friends who have iPones (one a 3GS and one a 4), my friend with the 3GS has significantly less problems with his phone, which is surprising considering the updates made to the iPhone4. Me, I don't use AT&T so I don't have an iPhone. I'm not certain that I would get one even if it was available. Nothing against Apple, but I don't care for the IOS, as it seems kinda slow at times. I will stick with my horrid Blackberry, as that's what was required by work. (It's the worst phone I have ever had in my life. I cannot wait until my contract is up, so I can replace it.)

helldog3105

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]helldog3105[/nom]Wow. Such vitriol in the comments today on both sides. I must say, the iPhone4 looks nice. That being said my two friends who have iPhones(one a 3GS and one a 4), my friend with the 3GS has significantly less problems with his phone, which is surprising considering the updates made to the iPhone4.[/citation]

Sorry fixed my own misspelling. I can type, I swear!

Status
Not open for further replies.