Contradictory message from BitDefender & Kaspersky

Feb 10, 2018
Hi,

I have Bit Defender (paid version) installed on my iMac and was browsing through some Bit Defender stuff a few days ago when I came across the option to install some little program called 'Traffic Light'.

The message read: 'Traffic Light 0.2.25 adds a strong & non intrusive layer of security to your browser experience'.

This would seem to indicate that installing this 'Traffic Light' thing would be a very good idea. However the following sentence reads:

'Traffic Light can read, modify, and transmit content from all webpages. E.g. Passwords, Phone numbers and credit card details etc.'

Why on earth would any sane person want to install such a dangerous program and why on earth would all of you in the antivirus publishing world, give these programs such glowing reviews?

I uninstalled Bit Defender almost a week later, after no response other than from robots telling me that they were looking into the problem.

I then installed Kaspersky trial version and found the same message, word for word, in their online security thing. Now I am back to BitDefender again but without the Traffic Light installed.

I don't understand what is going on here. Please explain.

Feb 10, 2018
Hello USAFRet,
I just decided to follow your url to BitDefender's website and I can see from that, yes, you only get one statement saying how great it is.
You need to download and install the program then go to 'Traffic Light' from there, to see the conflicting second statement in the BitDefender Preferences.