Control Griffin’s Model Helicopter With Your iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Control Griffin’s Model Helicopter With Your iPhone

Helo.jpg

Griffin HeloTC

The bare-bones Helo is controlled by your iPhone.

Oh man! This is why offices where invented. Who cares about actual work when you can just race remote-controlled helicopters above the cubicles? Even better, you control the Helo TC with your phone.

The chopper, from iAccessory maker Griffin, has twin rotors on an aluminum frame and a black polycarbonate body. It charges with USB, and is controlled by an infrared transmitter that plugs into the headphone jack of your iPhone (and uses four AA batteries).

The inevitable companion app offers two control methods. One uses onscreen touch controls, and the other lets you tilt the phone, using the accelerometers to move the helicopter. You can also record up to three flights and play them back, which could come in handy for buzzing the boss on his morning conference call.

Best of all is the price. The TC Helo costs just $50. At that price, I can’t think of a reason not to buy one.

wired.com

I've seen a few vids with similar products on Youtube. Very cool stuff. If I had cash to blow, I'd probably buy something like it for the heck of it. Can you imagine the havoc I could wreak? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.