Feb 13, 2018
The speakers on my 2014 Vizio smart TV quit working after experiencing a power surge just a few months after the warranty expired. Otherwise, the TV works perfectly and is the perfect size for my entertainment center. It is a now difficult-to-find size in a smart tv of 28". I have looked into having the speakers repaired, but there is no one within 100 miles that repairs TVs. Can I convert this TV to be Bluetooth enabled so I can use Bluetooth speakers and/or headphones?

If the TV has any audio output, either headphone or optical output or RCA, then you can, otherwise not really without cracking the TV open.

And if the sound processor part of the TV fried, then it might not work at all. Odd that both speakers would blow fully out at once. More than likely something else is going on.

Feb 13, 2018

The power surge was a short in the main line that prevented the power from being converted down to 110 before it entered the house's system. It is almost like the TV speakers have disappeared because I can still get sound OK by connecting an external speaker or headphones via the headphone jack out the back of the TV. What device do I need to convert my TV to use bluetooth?