Correct PCIe form factor for dell m5510

simpsonar77

Estimable
Sep 14, 2015
I just ordered a few dell precision m5510 laptops for work. I got them with the 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 ssd drives. I want to buy spare drives for these. Dell chat keeps sending me to look at this: http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=400-AJHM which says it's an M.2 SSD in the title but the picture shows a standard SSD. There's also no mention of NVMe, etc...

So what exactly is in the dell? is it an M.2? Or is it an M.2 2280 form factor?

Thanks!

simpsonar77

Estimable
Sep 14, 2015
Unfortunately I work for the Govt...It's hard to wait because I have NO idea when these will come in and need to know now. dell.com reps have been not too helpful.

I was hoping someone that had the m5510 or the xps 15 would know as they're both the same chassis and have the same drive option.

I don't think the picture or the description is right on the drive I linked to, but two separate CSRs said it was. at $900 each, I don't want to buy the wrong thing.

Then again, maybe my computers will show up tomorrow and I can open them up :)

simpsonar77

Estimable
Sep 14, 2015

sure, if I could get them to reply.... last time I asked a question about the m5510 it took them a week to respond. I ask about the drives this AM, still nothing.