Corsair Vengeance 1500 or Siberia v2 USB

tomi19

Honorable
May 20, 2013
Hello, I currently have the Siberia V2 with the USB soundcard. These are quite worn out. The leather is crushed, and one side of the speakers has a little less power than the other. I don't know what caused this, as I have them since 1 year and a couple of months.

I was looking at the Corsair Vengeance 1500 USB, and those seem very good for the price ($90) so, would it be a good to replace my old Siberia v2 USB with these headphones?
Please don't recommend other headsets. I can also get the Razer Carcharias but those have 40mm drivers and having experienced both sounds, I like much more the 50mm ones (Siberia v2, Vengeance 1500).

mouse24

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
I have the corsair 1500 and they seem alright. The bass isn't anything to write home about though I think thats more or less normal with USB headsets. I picked mine up on sale for 50 bucks. Not sure if I would pay full price for them. They haven't wowed me. Though they are comfortable.

abdbgames

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012

To get the most out of them you have to EQ, its actually really simple and there are tonnes of "perfect" EQ settings to maximize bass to copy on the net.
After doing this, and realizing there was no distortion as a side effect I realized just how amazing these things really are...

mouse24

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010

Changing EQ settings to get more bass isn't really a good idea, it changes quite a bit more than just bass.