Councilors Resign En Masse Because of Blogger

Status
Not open for further replies.

precariousgray

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
[citation][nom]WheelsOfConfusion[/nom]So what was the issue Connolly had with the council?[/citation]
I think your name contains an adjective describing how most of us felt after reading this article.

caustin582

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
[citation][nom]precariousgray[/nom]I think your name contains an adjective describing how most of us felt after reading this article.[/citation]
His name doesn't contain any adjectives. But yes, I think this article is centered around an issue that most people here know nothing about. It could have used a bit more clarification.

phexac

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
It would be nice to know what were the issues over which there was disagreement, and why these people gave so much weight to what this specific blogger wrote.

Of course, you can always just randomly tap buttons on your keyboard and hope it comes out to an article.

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
[citation][nom]phexac[/nom]It would be nice to know what were the issues over which there was disagreement, and why these people gave so much weight to what this specific blogger wrote.Of course, you can always just randomly tap buttons on your keyboard and hope it comes out to an article.[/citation]
Works for 90% of the interwebs, excluding myself of course.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]waikano[/nom]This must mean a lot more to those that live on the Small Islands near Europe.[/citation]

I think the fact that a single blogger can have such an effect means a lot, no matter what the location.

WheelsOfConfusion

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
Well, it'd be nice to know what the whole thing was about. Was this guy just the UK-blogging equivalent of Rush Limbaugh, heckling government for whatever no-good reason? Was there some kind of legitimate controversy over the council's behavior?

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]I think the fact that a single blogger can have such an effect means a lot, no matter what the location.[/citation]
Yes, England could use some men in black to deal with individual such as this.

BTW, happy Halloween. Don't know if the smaller island further away from Europe celebrate this but happy weekend.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I wish I could be a big enough jackass (I mean this in a good way) to have half my city council to resign. No more spending money on stupid endeavors that only benefit a minority of people.

scryer_360

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
[citation][nom]FlamingGerbil[/nom]This guy seems like a pretty awesome troll.[/citation]
+1. Kanye West and this guy play golf together.

G

Heres the link to the blog http://muckandbrass.blogspot.com/ . ,, I think this is about a board that has mismanaged money from a town for the past ten years for there own interests , you know the saying " power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" . The counsel was pushing somethng the town opposed and it was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak, its a win for the man who published the blog,as he got his community involved and changed the downward spiral the town was heading ,

Something to mention about the blogger is how I read about his windows getting smashed and car torched on fire by some people who were displeased about his blogging I wonder who they could have been ,perhaps one of the twelve that left the counsel.

Status
Not open for further replies.