Counterfeit Gadgets

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Counterfeit products are many things to many people: For high-tech engineers, they're the scourge of the earth. More often than not, they're a source of some good laughs. And very occasionally, they're actually some pretty great products.

Counterfeit Gadgets : Read more

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
I recall seeing an advertisement about a $50 phone with a six-core processor when I was visiting my family members in China.

I rolled my eyes.

Then it proceeded to boast something about having gold covering on its edges.

I rolled my eyes again.

Then it proceeded to show a non-Chinese salesperson who was talking about the phone's built-in universal translator and a voice command, and it was very obvious that his lips weren't synced with what he was saying.

I rolled my eyes yet again.

Then the advertisement when on for the next 10 freaking minutes, repeating itself at least a dozen of time.

I turned off the TV.

ryandsouza

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
Woah! I knew there were knockoffs but these are great!! (no offence to the originals...)
Now, how can I get me one of those iPeds??

G

If you thinks these are amusing you should see the the knockoffs of actual cars their automotive industry has made.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]3vilGenius5[/nom]If you thinks these are amusing you should see the the knockoffs of actual cars their automotive industry has made.[/citation]

But before you buy them, check their safety ratings. Some cars will completely crush the rear passengers in a front-collision with a wall, at around 30 mph. It's not uncommon to come across a 1-2 star safety rated car.

G

I have to agree with 3vilGenius5...
Chinese carmaker blatantly copies Ford F-150
There is literally no end to knockoffs that the Chinese will make. Unfortunately we continue to buy cheap alternatives made by the Chinese at every turn (The most ironic has got to be a Chinese made American/Euro flag). Until we, as a society, value originality and hard work over cheap copies (even though some of the knock offs do have some improvements over the originals) there will continue to be companies that will exploit these markets.

Status
Not open for further replies.