Cps 150 power transformer cost

jude_18

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
My soundcraft spirit 24X8 mixer, power supply is down, might be the transformer. Cannot find a cost estimate through googling it. Anyone know?
I live in Canada by the way. Soundcraft Canada will only refer me to a local repair facility but i'd like to know the cost of a transformer itself before talking to anyone about repairs.

It's usually not the transformer. Part in one of the channels or output blows, causes internal power supply fuse to blow, or voltage regulator to blow. It is unrealistic to assume that the transformer is bad.
Repair facility is the logical choice to get it working again.

jude_18

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
So we replaced all the fuses and the voltage regulators, didnt help.Suspect they were all fine. Fuses looked good. Hope the problem is in the power supply itself... Yes the transformer still sounds the same(make a quiet hum) so it's probably fine. Just hoping they can diagnose it without bringing in the entire board, which will be difficult to move. Others have said it's hardly ever the transformer as well. That is good news if so. Will be taking it in for a diagnoses. Thanks for your replyl

jude_18

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
The entire board is completely unpowered, if i could get anything to light up at all I wouldnt look entirely at the power supply first. My hope is it that the problem is found there, the teching of the entire board/power supply thing is next level in costs, where a shop tech will have to do it, just trying to avoid the panic button and eliminate lower cost solutions first. Since the voltage regulator is what went last time it failed and they were cheap, thats what we did to start the process of elimination. They both have to be functioning in order to light up the +17/-17 leds on the power supply, which are gone, as is all the power. no power is being received into the channels not one iota. I'm not qualified to go furthur in repairs, the regulators basically sit outside the unit. Just hope can find a good tech. Thanks.