So should I save the money, go with the 6700K, and put the saved money towards a titan instead of a 1080?
I wouldn't get a titan pascal if I were you. You will only lose money as I can almost guarantee there will be a better gpu on the market in around 6 months. Also I wouldn't get a gtx 1080 just yet as AMD is about to launch the Vega lineup (which is rumored to be close to the titan pascal for a much lower price) and also Nvidia is sure to counter that with Pascal refresh later this year. If I were you I would postpone the build for a few more months (considering that also Ryzen cpu's are launching soon).
P.S. That is because now it is not really the proper time to get a new gpu.