Crackling audio on battery

Roti-Kebab

Estimable
May 12, 2015
So i'm using an ASUS laptop with windows 8.1 installed and realtek drivers all up to date, so the problem occurs only while i'm running on battery (i.e my laptop is not plugged in). Using 4 different types of headphones, all show the same problem. Whenever audio is played the sound starts crackling every like 1-2 seconds, minor but noticeable. I have razer surround installed, but after uninstalling it, the problem still persists. Note, playing games, watching movies, listening to music, anything may cause this crackling. Note-Only happens on battery, ac plugged in, no such issues occur. Thanks, any help will be appreciated. Just so it's clear, this issue starts 5-6 seconds after unplugging the ac cord.

So after using the dpc latency checker, it suggest me that some one of my drivers was causing an audio trouble. I disabled every device one by one, the culprit seems to have been my wifi adapter mediatek MT7630E 802.11, but it has no new updates and disabling it basically disables my net :/ any suggestions? Note: whilst testing this i was on battery, as soon as i plugged in the cord, the latency came back to normal and the crackling was gone with the driver enabled :/

Hello Roti-Kebab

Many times an issue like this can be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the sound card driver.

You can follow these steps to get this done:

> Log on to your Windows with an administrator account.

> Press the Windows + C keys together.

> From the Charms bar that appears, click the Search option.

> In the search field, type the DEVMGMT.MSC command and press Enter.

> From the opened Device Manager snap-in, expand the Sound, video and game controllers tree.

> From the displayed list, right-click the entry representing your sound card.

> From the context menu, click Uninstall and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.

> Once done, restart the computer.

> After the PC restarts, insert the motherboard's driver installation disc.

> Install the sound card driver and restart the PC again.

> After the computer restarts, play any audio file..

The issue should be resolved by now.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!! :)

Roti-Kebab

Estimable
May 12, 2015

As helpful as that might have been, unfortunately, i have already tried all the main stream meathods for fixing this problem, i wouldn't have come to you guys if i was able to fix it my self :D

Hello again Roti-Kebab

Apologies for the delayed reply as I was occupied with a few things.

I was wondering if you have already tried Control Panel > Find and fix problems (under System and Security) > Troubleshoot audio playback (under Hardware and Sound)?

Let me know if this works.

Roti-Kebab

Estimable
May 12, 2015

no problem for the delay, already have, the strange thing is that it only happens when there is a large fluctuation in the sound pattern, like a calm chat and then someone shouting, when ever loud noises are heard, so is the crackle. only happens when the laptop is off battery

Hello again

Even though it's highly unlikely, did you try using another battery (if possible)?.

Roti-Kebab

Estimable
May 12, 2015
I'm assuming that you haven't read the edited original post so, no i have not tried a removable battery, but that's not what's causing the problem, please read original post's end, thank you