Craigslist Ad Seeks Astronaut for Trip to Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I wonder what $25,000 would be worth on Titan, i'd have to consider the risk/reward for the trip, what if the exchange rate is horrible by the time i get there???

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Titan is a lot like Earth, although colder. Methane rivers and rain. I've often wondered why the methane just doesn't burn up, especially since there is lightning. Must be too cold. But, if you could land there, and find a way to create breathable air, you'd have an endless amount of fuel to keep warm.

On the plus side, you'd have a greater chance of finding intelligent life there than on Earth. Also, you might get to fly by Jupiter, and get charged up by the magnetosphere (it's probably very invigorating, if you're a hydrogen ion) You'd get to see Saturn's rings pretty close. But, most likely, you'd be kissing Uranus good bye when you plunged into Titan.

This guy built the rocket, but he didn't mention anything about a really warm coat. I'm not going there without it

dlux

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
I'm more curious as to what he would want you to do once you got there. Send back data? Collect samples that can't be shipped back? Orbit it for the hell of it till you die? Wouldn't this be almost considered assisted suicide?

DXRick

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
How long would it take to get there at warp 9? It would really suck to get there and find out that the Klingons beat us to it.

G

It would take 8.84762503959671358370512279589 seconds to reach your destination at warp factor 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.