Not open for further replies.

dzeric

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
Headline today "Crazy: 98-inch HDTV Mounted in Ceiling"
Tomorrow's headline "Tragedy strikes when television falls on child"

boju

Distinguished
Holaa wow, crazy... Guess this brings a whole new meaning to looking up out to the stars - IN HIGH-DEF! With your gf, hehe and enjoy watching the moon landing while they're at it.

Imagine at school or something. His mates ask him;

Q: uhm, how come you're head is tilted up most of the time?

A: Argh what... it is?

Startingline13

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
Wow. What a dumb idea. Besides the safety factor of it being in the ceiling (which it most likely is secured, so that's not a problem), but how uncomfortable must that be to look at?

nukemaster

Distinguished
Since its a projector system, I bet what you see is not the heavy part, the mirrors mounted in the attic is another story and well, if people can walk in the attic, then this can sit up there(weight wise). The hardest part is cutting a spot tall(looks too wide to fit between standard trusses) enough for the screen, but even that is not too hard to be honest.

At the same time. How spoiled.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]dzeric[/nom]Headline today "Crazy: 98-inch HDTV Mounted in Ceiling"Tomorrow's headline "Tragedy strikes when television falls on child"[/citation]
300 pound tv can't feel to good.

G

I actually find this offensive. have we not learned the social and psychological damage of this kind of conspicuous consumerism? you know that kid is going to be a spoiled prick. what redeeming quality does this provide? its embarrassing and pathetic and i hope it falls on the kid while he is engaging in "relations" with his mother

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Wow...spoiled little boy????

I'm going to have to say this "the entire 300+ lbs. package," that's gonna be her son he just lays there and plays all day.

I bet within a week he'll have a hell of a lot more "friends".....

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
I've got a 106" Projector screen in my family room, where it belongs. In a bedroom? Stupid! In the ceiling? Even dumber! This mom needs to go back to mom school!

Status
Not open for further replies.