Crazy Rumor: Android 5.0 "Jelly Bean" in 2Q12

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Doesn't follow the frozen treat theme? I guess you forgot about Cupcake, Donut, Eclair, Gingerbread, and Honeycomb. Frozen treats have been the minority of Android releases.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
Android 4.0 comes out, all the new phones still have 2.3.5. It will probably take 6 more months for them to actually update them, and they will never see 5.0. If you have a samsung, I doubt they will give you any updates.

kunjar

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2010
Android will never be as unified as iOS and this will result in users turning to iOS. Some carriers still havent released gingerbread. Rather disappointing.

stevelord

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Another OS where people will get excited about it "just because" without knowing what it does. All the hype over ICS was stupid. Updated my XOOM with it and only thing I noticed was a slight bump in browsing performance.

Too many operating systems is NOT necessarily a good thing.

FlayerSlayer

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
My phone came out 2011 Q3.
Ice Cream Sandwich came out 2011 Q4.
My phone will get ICS around 2012 Q3.
Jelly Bean will be before that? Even if it's out this year at all, there will be dual-core high-end phones running 2.x when 5.0 comes out. That's obscene.

Just like Honeycomb was a tablet exclusive, it looks like ICS will be a Nexus exclusive if they're just leapfrogging it to 5.0 before more than a handful of devices ever get 4.0.

G

..where do you tech writers come from? i mean, really, reading tech news lately is like something from the likes of national enquirer or star magazine,.. is that where you writers come from?? please writes some where else... go away!

G

With Androids multiple price points there will always be some fragmentation. For the average smart phone consumers this is not issue. Most people who have IOS or Android do no utilize theirs phones or tablets to full capabilities. They want to talk, text, email and surf etc. As long as they can do this I don't think they really care. I'm sure that Android will continue to evolve into more unified system.

hp79

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
I have a Nexus S on ATT. Where is my February ICS?!! I've waited for the promised one month. We are almost looking at March now. No sign of the update yet. I am pretty disappointed at the slow adoption speed.

G

It's time for Android to grow up and take on the likes of Windows and Mac OS X!

supall

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]hp79[/nom]I have a Nexus S on ATT. Where is my February ICS?!! I've waited for the promised one month. We are almost looking at March now. No sign of the update yet. I am pretty disappointed at the slow adoption speed.[/citation]

You have a Nexus S. How have you not grabbed one of the ICS ROMs for your phone already?

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
I hope one day soon Google really takes its Chrome OS and starts to really go after Microsoft in the PC segment. Can you imagine real competition that no one has yet to give Microsoft in the PC segment yet? Hopefully that wish will come true in the near future. It would drive Microsoft OSes and their Office Suites way down in price to compete with a Google if they got real serious about putting out an OS that is truly capable of giving Microsoft some major competition in the PC segment.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]dimar[/nom]Google should stop making new Android releases until the fragmentation issue is fully resolved![/citation]
Yes, and Ford should stop making cars until they all carry the same number of passengers...
And Dunkin Donuts should stop selling donuts until everyone buys the same flavor...
And Intel should stop making processors until all software runs the same on all of them...
And people should stop posting comments on Tom's Website until we all agree.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
[citation][nom]husker[/nom]Yes, and Ford should stop making cars until they all carry the same number of passengers...And Dunkin Donuts should stop selling donuts until everyone buys the same flavor...And Intel should stop making processors until all software runs the same on all of them...And people should stop posting comments on Tom's Website until we all agree.[/citation]
Correction :)
Yes, and Ford should stop making cars until they run on clean, 100% efficient & reusable power.
And Dunkin Donuts should stop selling donuts until everyone gets in perfect physical shape.
And Intel should stop making processors until they are 100% power efficient.
And people should stop posting comments on Tom's Website if it's spam.
Make the world a better place :)

Status
Not open for further replies.