Creative SoundBlaster Z optimal setup

lennyoliy

Estimable
Apr 15, 2014
I'm using a Dell Inspiron 660 desktop, a Creative SoundBlaster Z sound card, and a Turtle Beach EarForce PX-22 headset. I want to know if there is an optimal setup for the card for the best audio experience for my use. I mainly do three things:

-Netflix or other cinematic videos. I want a very cinematic experience with realism and heavy stereo.
-Gaming. I play cutscene-heavy games including Mass Effect 2 and 3, and League of Legends, etc.
-Music composition, with Finale 2012c

Is there a best setup with the sound card for things like this (primarily the latter two)? I've not had it for long so I am not too familiar with it, but so far it has been an improvement from the on-board sound. I'm happy with the experience I've had, but I want to know what's best for experience. The Turtle Beaches have their own Treble-Bass Balance on it's in-line amp, in addition to it's independent volume control. The headphones are connected to the card through the headphone jack, yet they also have a USB control for chat settings. Mostly, I want to see the best experience I could get with my new card.

justcallmetom13

Estimable
Mar 17, 2014
An optimal audio experience would be best without a sound card.

Sound cards do what your motherboard already does but your motherboard does it around 5 times better.

For the best audio experience...
-Get Equalizer Software and make your own audio profile.
-Get a DAC and AMP
-Keep any audio decoding components away from your computer