Cryptic Finally Announces Star Trek MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snillet

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2007
Qu'vatlh guy'cha b'aka!

Those giant fungi will soon be stained with the blood of my enemies!

As you read this, I am sharpening my Bat'leth.

Quapla!

Sounds better than trying to get a crew to work together. At least you won't have to deal with some jerk taunting people with communications, going to warp during battle, or attacking friendlies for the heck of it. Plus how would you convince someone to stand around in the transporter room for hours on end or sit around in engineering waiting for something to go wrong.

However this still seems to limiting you need to be able to be more than either Federation or Klingon. How about Romulan, Cardassian, Dominion etc... Will you have the option to pawn people as the Borg or as Q?

martin0642

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
Potentially, it could be the best MMO ever.

It just needs to be totally open-ended, where anything is possible. It also needs for players to be able to really be individual, and have an effect on the real world. A world-builder and submission system for player designed systems, ships, planets, to take the heat off developers. Maybe I just want to be a smuggler who makes a clone army to attack Starfleet? Or design weapons for the Daystrum Institute? A highly complex player crafting, patenting, and economic infrastructure to let people do their own thing. And pirates.

Lastly, no leveling. Skills only, and only for things that make sense like technical stuff. Real FPS combat, skill based. if people dont like it, stay on earth or a starbase. If you die, your toon is stuck in the hospital for a while, and you can play a different toon for a while. Trust me, a truly open system would take the 1337 gamers and grinders and kiddies and make them an asset instead of an annoyance. Especially with longer ship-to-ship combat and system wide distress calls. Emergency medical long-range transports and property insurance would smooth things over, and if the insurance companies got sick of it then they can hire more system defense or NPC/PC to prevent attacks both in space and on planet.

Open-Ended, and player generated (only if it's dev approved), could be a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.