Cryptocurrency Mining on Laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddermedgoglou

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018
Hi All

I would be keen to learn a little more about crypto mining and was thinking of giving it a crack on my laptop. However, I am a bit of a noob when it comes to mining specs and wasn't really sure if it is worth persuing.

I have a MSI GP62M 7RDX Leopard - I know bitcoin is probably out of the questions seeing as it would take me forever to get anything and have heard that it can cause damage to laptops over time due to heating issues. One of the specs on the laptop is Cooler Booster 4 - not sure if this would help the laptop cope a bit better or whether you need something a bit more heavy duty (like an actual pc build)...

I basically keen to mine anything even if it isn't that well known - so any ideas on favourite coins would be great!

Solution
As a learning experience, you can absolutely mine with it. But you won't be making anything worth paying the fees to withdraw. (Assuming the model laptop you linked has a gtx 1050)
Look into mining Zcash with EWBF miner. Both very easy to get started.

core0

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018
I don't know how beneficial mining on a laptop would be, as overheating would be a big issue. I don't know if that Cooler Booster 4 would really help out. If you want, you could try to mine and download WinMiner which will mine the most profitable coin for your machine.

AnonymousAndy

Estimable
Dec 18, 2014
As a learning experience, you can absolutely mine with it. But you won't be making anything worth paying the fees to withdraw. (Assuming the model laptop you linked has a gtx 1050)
Look into mining Zcash with EWBF miner. Both very easy to get started.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.