Crytek: Xbox 720 Coming at E3 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

yay lets pay 600 bucks for a pile of dog crap that a 600 buck current gen PC can thrash -_-

AND, lets not forget, it will have LAST GEN tech in it

i hate consoles

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
I'm just happy game developers will be able to push the envelope on graphics a little further.

This is a good thing for all gamers.

Consoles have began to retard game development (graphically, and in some games in every aspect cough*Call of Duty*cough), but this should help at least the graphics concept. Especially considering console gamers vastly outnumber PC gamers.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]James296[/nom]yes, finally! there updating the stupid thing.[/citation]

Yep, just in time to be outdated by next years GPU's...oh wait, the "new" console games will just hold the hardware back at 2011 for the next 5-6 years, just like now. Isn't it great living in the year 2011 and being stuck with 2006 graphics! Go, go, Crysis 2/DNF!

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
Personally decided not to upgrade my PC any more, since no game takes advantage of the hardware. I will upgrade once new consoles are out after that no upgrades for next 5 years. Funny i used to upgrade much more regularly before tech was held back by console. Looks like its a loss loss situation for AMD / Nvidia / Intel.

Maximus_Delta

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
xbox 720... sure that thing is going to straight up melt, remember all the heat problems with the 360? But yes, it will mean PC games benefit as at least the base they scale up from will significantly higher.

ironmb

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
Stop crying you bunch of babies. If you dont like xbox dont buy one. Stick to your POS 800$ computers. I'll stick to my 4000$ pc, and my xbox 720. Get these babies a tissue, their tears are so good!!!

kyee7k

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
[citation][nom]Maximus_Delta[/nom]xbox 720... sure that thing is going to straight up melt, remember all the heat problems with the 360? But yes, it will mean PC games benefit as at least the base they scale up from will significantly higher.[/citation]
Hopefully, Microsoft learned their lesson from their past and include a beefier heatsink.

G

"I'm just happy game developers will be able to push the envelope on graphics a little further."

You're kidding, right? The article states that crytek is using DX11 as the basis for next-gen development. So by the time xbox 720 hits stores in say 2014, it will showcase the cutting edge of graphics from 2010... thank you console gamers...

MagicPants

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2006
IMHO the three biggest limiting factors on the 360 are the small memory size, the controller, and the limited hard drive space. Better graphics would be nice, but they don't need to jump as far as they did on previous consoles.

I'm hoping MS includes 3 gigs of ram and at least a TB of hard drive space, and starts selling all games over the internet. I hope they also realize that more hard drive space would help them sell more games and they include it at cost, rather than charging ridiculous amounts of money for it (currently 8x the going rate be my estimations).

Some sort of controller in the same ballpark as a mouse would be nice. (I'm a pc gamer, can you tell?)

tulx

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]dimar[/nom]This is a huge mistake!!! Microsoft MUST design xbox 720 with DirectX 12+ in mind.. No more holding back.[/citation]

That's not how a console works. Noone will buy it if it costs $800. A console is basically a upper mid-range PC when it's launched and costs like a lower mid-range PC because it's manufactured inmillions and thus cheaper to make.
I'm very glad MS is making the next console (no idea what the Wii U is...seems like a current gen console 5 years late), the current generation has held back the industry long enough. Modern high-end PCs are about 20 times faster than todays consoles, yet the games made for them are the same...

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
If these rumors are true then I guess the Kinect didn't really extend the 360's lifespan as planned. As for the hardware of the upcoming console I can't say I really care. Graphics are nice, sure who doesn't like it when a game looks amazing? But as a gamer who has been gaming for a quite sometime graphics are not a big concern for me personally. What bothers me more is that games have become too easy and lack any complexity to them anymore. So many games today make me feel like a idiot for just playing them.

[citation][nom]ironmb[/nom]Stop crying you bunch of babies. If you dont like xbox dont buy one. Stick to your POS 800$ computers. I'll stick to my 4000$ pc, and my xbox 720. Get these babies a tissue, their tears are so good!!![/citation]

Obvious troll is obvious.

technogiant

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007
With serious gpu performance now being included in most cpu's it won't be long before all base level pc's outperform the consoles in graphics ability.....in such a scenario why would people buy a console and pay the over inflated prices console games command?........the pc isn't dieing...the console is.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
[citation][nom]tulx[/nom]That's not how a console works. Noone will buy it if it costs $800. A console is basically a upper mid-range PC when it's launched and costs like a lower mid-range PC because it's manufactured inmillions and thus cheaper to make.I'm very glad MS is making the next console (no idea what the Wii U is...seems like a current gen console 5 years late), the current generation has held back the industry long enough. Modern high-end PCs are about 20 times faster than todays consoles, yet the games made for them are the same...[/citation]

Then this has to change. With all the cash MS has, I'm sure they can figure something out. Seems like everyone is stuck in the past. I just don't feel games evolved much for the past 5-7 years.

Maximus_Delta

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
games devolved... the peak was Crysis in terms of pushing the envelope, however too many f'ing ppl pirated it, Crytek didn't make enough money, so where does that leave us... shooting gallery CoD cr@p, that's where. I just hope BF3 re-ignities things and brings, or should I say graduates, more to PC gaming when they see just how much better it is on the PC. And at least you can upgrade your PC. With consoles it's throw it all away and start again from scratch.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Maximus_Delta[/nom]xbox 720... sure that thing is going to straight up melt, remember all the heat problems with the 360?[/citation]
You mean the ones that don't exist anymore since the last 2 previous generational updates?
Is this still 2008 or something?
Marty McFly is that you?

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]Obvious troll is obvious.[/citation]
But makes a compelling arguement.
No one is twisting your arm to buy this stupid thing, get over it.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]whysobluepandabear[/nom]Except that Nintendo is singly handily holding back future development, because like Apple, Mr. Japanese man believe a 4 series to be "Sufficient". They aren't doing it because It's all they need, they're doing it because It'll make them the most money[/citation]
I totally agree, 100% with you there, execpt the bit about holding back development.
Only holding it back for the Wii U, not anyone else.

The Wii did the same thing, it had last-gen tech and sold almost as many as the competition combined and made a profit on every unit sold. Very good business sense.

If you want the best, the finest, the top end, highest spec with the highest res, the most advanced effects and the fastest frame rates I have have 3 words for you.

Buy a PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.