CS5 - PC vs. Mac recommendations

G

Hello,
OSX or Win 64? I am upgrading my Dell Inspiron which runs an 12 Quad 2.3Ghz CPU, Win 7 32 Bit with 4GB DDR2 RAM, bewcause I am fed up with having to resort to the CTRL/ALT/DLT buttons because I want to work faster than my machine.

Will a substantial upgrade (i7-2600, 16MB RAM, NVidia GTX550, 120GB Intel SSD, 2TB WD Caviar Green) stop this - completely and for the forseeable future? Or should I do what others are suggesting and got for a 27" iMac out of the box?

nikorr

Distinguished
W7 x64 would be a better choice. Check my configuration, I have done just that, few weeks ago.

The system is just flying now. I had C2D E6750 @ 2.66 and its difference in the speed is sick. The 2600K is a speed demon and I have it @ 4.5GHz. I don't thing that I will be upgrading any time soon.

I use CS5.5 daily and when in some cases in HD encode took 14hrs it is done in 2hrs now.

Also on PC I like the fact that I can get in and upgrade anything I want, but that u have wide variety of choices in hardware.

I had a 2 CPU G4, 2CPU G5 years ago than I decided on the PC only again, after defending Mac decision all the time.

Mac is not bad at all, I just like the Win7 smoothness (XP was more buggy and I skipped Vista and using W7 about 8mo. and finally got used to it to the point, that I like it) and upgrade-ability.

PIZZA Man

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
Having used photoshop on both Windows and Mac, I personally prefer the Windows version. Half that reason is because of the right mouse button. On Mac I got tired of having to hold down the mouse or try and remember shortcut keys, or use various context menus. In Windows I could get so much more done so much faster just by making a right mouse click. However if you're someone who just wants a buy it and never worry about it again kind of deal, then Macs are known to be a little more user friendly.