CSGO Running horrible on a high end laptop?

Ayanami96

Estimable
Apr 2, 2015
I have a somewhat high end laptop. 4500u i7 @ 1.8/2.4ghz, 16gb of ram, and a HD 8870M w/ 2gb of VRam.

A few months ago i was playing Gmod with my cousins just fine, I recently got back into CSGO and took my laptop to a friends and it is running very poorly.

The menu screen is about less than 1 frame per second, and it is very difficult to navigate the menu because the mouse keeps teleporting everywhere.

In game I can't even move, or turn my character.

Although I've been able to push GMOD and DayZ at high settings with 45-60+ fps a few months ago, i find it hard to believe it can't push more than 1 fps on CSGO.

My grandmothers 6800k APU can run CSGO at a good rate, yet my laptop can't even run it.

I believe it has the switchable APU to GPU option and maybe its more working on either?

What should i do to try to fix this?

Also this thing takes like a minute or two to open chrome, would it be the 5400rpm HDD?

coolkid215

Estimable
Jul 5, 2014
I dare say you may have a virus, as even with a 5400rpm HDD, you should be able to do all this fine. I see no problem with your system, unless heat throttling is doing something.