Cuil Beats Google ... In One Key Metric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Well of course they would spend longer, it's takes longer to found any useful info. Most of the results are like 5-10 years old if not older...

G

Cuil is totally beat.
It was incredibly hubris for the developers of this search engine to think they could oust google.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
Well considering the google top hits seem to be more relevent than the cuil results, It'd make sense that people spend less time on google...

G

Wouldn't you want to spend less time on a search engine...Find what you want and go to that page. I would be more annoyed spending more time looking for something.

neodude007

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
While I agree that the article is fairly pointless because from a USER standpoint you don't want to spend any time on the search engine page but from a business standpoint that could mean more advertising revenue... not that anyone uses that site but that is what it WOULD mean if it didn't suck.

G

I checked out Cuil because I was curious. Half of the searches I tried yielded zero results.

evilshuriken

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
I usually find what I'm looking for within page one or 2 on Google. I never found anything useful on Cuil when I was playing with it.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
cuil wont last... search |1 to 1 ratio fsb dram| on google and than on cuil, and you'll know what im talking about..remember to put it in those exact terms

Status
Not open for further replies.